Oculis Labs Enhances Enterprise Mobile Privacy Solution to Protect Highly Vulnerable On-Screen Data
New End-User Benefits Include Near Real-Time Privacy Protection, Tighter Integration with Windows 7 Central Controls and Power Savings
Baltimore, MD – April 30, 2012 – Oculis Labs, a developer of data privacy software that protects mobile and desktop computers from visual eavesdroppers, today announced the immediate availability of PrivateEye Enterprise 4.0, the industry’s only solution that proactively protects data on computer displays. This solution is built specifically to protect enterprise and government customers’ data, especially those in regulated industries or with specific need-to-know privacy policies. PrivateEye Enterprise protects data from eavesdroppers by using facial detection and recognition to obscure the screen when the privileged user is not present or when eavesdroppers attempt to view the display. Importantly, it has group policy-based, central management features which allow it to be deployed and managed easily by IT departments.
This major version of PrivateEye incorporates “must-have” requirements as identified by Oculis Labs enterprise customers, including:
- Instant Protection. PrivateEye Enterprise protects and clears the screen almost instantaneously, ensuring both security and user productivity.
- Discrete Operation. With faster and more accurate face detection, PrivateEye Enterprise runs in a wide variety of lighting conditions from airports to coffee shops. Users will not notice it is there until they need it.
- Eyes on the Big Picture. Significantly easier to use with a simplified user interface, a streamlined wizard, and automated intelligence that adapts to learn about the user. PrivateEye Enterprise takes care of itself and lets the user stay focused on work.
- Manage, Control and Comply. Tighter integration with Windows 7 central controls, including standard domain password integration, easy password resets, and deeper security controls. The IT department will save time and money with self-service password resets, and gain better control through central management and incident notification.
- Save Power and Money. Laptop batteries will last longer, and organizations will save money by running greener with lower total power consumption.
- Constant Security, No Exceptions. Users do not need to pause PrivateEye when in full-screen presentation mode. It now auto-detects and resumes when the user is done. PrivateEye Enterprise can now run all of the time for its mobile employees, no exceptions, no accidental data leaks.
According to a recent survey of employees of financial services companies, consulting firms, engineering contractors, and government agencies, over 90 percent of respondents were concerned about data privacy yet 89 percent had no safeguards in place to protect them from visual data breaches. Unprotected information these users accessed included financial data, credit card information, social security numbers, proprietary intellectual property, and even classified data.
“PrivateEye Enterprise 4.0 is an unparalleled advance in data privacy protection that secures the last two feet of the network: from the display to the user’s eyes,” said Bill Anderson, founder and CEO of Oculis Labs. “We are able to protect enterprise computer screens from unintentional data leakage while ensuring full user productivity. Organizations that need to comply with data privacy regulations now have a new tool to secure, detect, and respond to real-world threats.”
About Oculis Labs
Oculis Labs, headquartered in Hunt Valley, Maryland, develops data privacy software that secures the last two feet of the network – the distance from the computer screen to a user’s eyes. The company’s products protect valuable information displayed on mobile and desktop computers from unintended viewers. Supported in part by an investment from In-Q-Tel, the company has strong relationships with the government community as well as partnerships with large OEMs. Oculis Lab’s technology is being deployed across a wide-array of mobile enterprises including those in government, financial services, health care and the high-tech industry. Oculis’ Labs’ products are available for purchase on the federal GSA schedule www.carahsoft.com. For more information, visit www.oculislabs.com or call (410) 809-1701.
Welz & Weisel Communications